CIPA Teacher Requirements (K-12):
1) Monitoring the online activities of minors, and
2) Educating minors about appropriate online behavior, including interacting with other individuals on social networking websites and in chat rooms, and cyberbullying awareness and response.
- Internet Safety: Complete this video and corresponding online quizzes whole group (approx. 10 minutes): http://www.brainpopjr.com/artsandtechnology/technology/internetsafety/
- Digital Etiquette: Complete this video and corresponding online quizzes whole group (approx. 10 minutes): http://www.brainpop.com/technology/computersandinternet/digitaletiquette/
- Cyberbullying: Complete the "Watch", "Try" and "Apply" sections whole group (approx. 20 minutes): http://learninglab.org/life_skills/cyberbullying/
Upon completion of these three activities, fill out the CIPA verification form attached below.
Contact your Technology Instructional Mentor if you have questions or need help.
More information about CIPA: http://www.fcc.gov/guides/childrens-internet-protection-act