At the Board meeting earlier this week, the district presented options to the Board of Trustees for consideration and approval. After a healthy discussion about the potential impact for each proposed item, the Board of Trustees approved the following:
- Appointment of District of Innovation Committee
The Board approved the appointment of a DOI committee to develop an innovation plan for Lockhart ISD. The committee consists of 10 district administrators, 13 teachers from across the district, and 7 community representatives--each selected by a Trustee. They will collaborate and develop the plan in meetings through February. Click here to see the list of members. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to email DOI@lockhart.txed.net.
- Repurpose ML Cisneros Campus for Central Administration & PRIDE High School
- Construction of Multi-Purpose Practice Space/Parking Lot at Lockhart High School
- Synthetic Turf at Lion Stadium
- Install Secured Entryways at Plum Creek Elementary, Navarro Elementary, and Carver Early Education Center